Higher Education Fellowships - educational fellowships
Six decades ago, the Woodrow Wilson Fellowships—a bold new initiative to meet the nation’s need for college teachers—began at Princeton University. Today, the Foundation has a suite of Fellowships that support the development of future leaders at a variety of career stages in several critical fields.educational fellowships
- The Thomas R. Pickering Undergraduate Foreign Affairs Fellowship prepares outstanding college students for the Foreign Service.
- The Thomas R. Pickering Graduate Foreign Affairs Fellowship offers master's students a gateway into the Foreign Service.
- The Doris Duke Conservation Fellows Program is the United States’ premier leadership development program for master’s students committed to careers in conservation.
Women & Gender
- Since 1974, the Woodrow Wilson Dissertation Fellowship in Women’s Studies has been the only national program supporting original, significant, interdisciplinary doctoral dissertations on women’s issues.
Religion & Ethics
- The Charlotte W. Newcombe Doctoral Dissertation Fellowships support the final year of work on Ph.D. dissertations dealing with ethical or religious values in fields across the humanities and social sciences.
Access & Opportunity
- The MMUF Dissertation Grants support former Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellows who are at the dissertation stage of a Ph.D. program.
- The MMUF Travel and Research Grants help defray costs of dissertation fieldwork for former Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellows.